Emergency Vehicle Service technician (EVT)EDMONTON AB The EVT is responsible for the service, repair, equipment installation, and testing of all makes and models of emergency apparatus. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, dependable, and punctual with a commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
Our team is made up of a group of people who are passionate about fire apparatus and who understand our customers. Our goal is to deliver the best product and the best service to our customers and to have fun doing it. We are looking for qualified and committed people to join our dedicated team of professionals. If you are interested in working in a safe, healthy, and enjoyable environment with an excellent team of colleagues, please reply to the contacts in the listings below.
Commercial Emergency Equipment Co, Canada’s largest supplier of emergency apparatus, is looking for an eager, enthusiastic individual with a professional attitude to fill a full-time position in our Edmonton, AB branch.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 5 years experience working on emergency vehicles (specifically fire apparatus) holds a current EVT certification, and has experience working in a high-paced environment.
Training for specific product familiarization will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Ability to work both independently, as well as in a team environment
- Minimum 5 years experience working on emergency vehicles
- Current EVT certification is a MUST
- Previous experience diagnosing, testing, servicing and/or installing fire apparatus equipment such as Pierce, TFT Monitors, Akron Valves, Hercules CAFS Systems, Husky Foam Systems, Federal Signal, and ECT
- An ability to demonstrate a qualified understanding of hydraulic systems and ability to read hydraulic schematics is required
- A strong understanding of electrical systems, as well as an understanding of electrical troubleshooting as it relates to truck equipment is considered an asset
- An understanding of MFPA/EVT standards an asset
- Minimum BC Class 5 driver’s license with airbrake endorsement or equivalent
- Interprovincial Red Seal considered an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to safety
- Detail oriented, dependable, and punctual
- Commitment to providing outstanding internal/external customer service
- Ideally be computer literate
Typical duties include but not limited to:
- EVT equipment installation, repair, and servicing
- Ensure adherence to pre-established standards of performance
- Operate workshop lifting devices
This is a full-time permanent position, including competitive compensation, medical benefits, dental benefits, life insurance, long term disability, short term disability, company-sponsored matching RRSP plan, profit sharing, boot allowance, tool allowance and replacement program, training, PPE, apprentice opportunities, as well as exceptional career growth potential.
We thank all who apply; however, only those who are qualified for the position will be contacted.